Our morning monitoring program is the busiest time of day at CReATe Fertility London. We perform many ultrasounds and hormonal blood tests first thing in the morning so that the results are available to make clinical decisions. It is done to monitor natural cycles and the response of fertility medication to stimulate the ovaries. The process supports IVF for egg retrieval, IUI for insemination and Natural Fertility Therapy.
If you are enrolled at CReATe Fertility London for a fertility program, you will be provided a detailed plan for cycle monitoring. Morning monitoring visits need to be scheduled by appointment, and patients are processed on a first come, first served basis during that busy part of the day.
CReATe Fertility London is one of the leading fertility centers in Southern Ontario, equipped with one of the most well-developed and structured programs for Cycle Monitoring. In certain cases, if you are recommended to undergo a fertility procedure in CReATe Fertility Toronto, our London clinic has all the facilities, medical equipment and expertise to support cycle monitoring. CReATe Fertility London is a partner clinic of CReATe Fertility Toronto, one of Canada’s largest IVF centers, ensuring that you get the best medical expertise.
Your cycle monitoring appointments will include:
- Blood Tests – to check the levels of the fertility hormones in your blood
- Ultrasound – to monitor the ovarian stimulation, egg and follicle development
- Counseling – to discuss any medical concern, side effects or apprehensions that you may have.
If you have been prescribed fertility medication for ovarian stimulation, for egg and follicle development, then depending on your blood test and ultrasound results, your doctor may want to discuss your medication.
Cycle Monitoring for In-vitro Fertilization (IVF):
- Your visits to the clinic for cycle monitoring may occur between Day 2 and Day 12 of your cycle. Your doctor would have prescribed fertility medication to you, and the examination monitors the growth of the follicles in the ovaries. You may be advised to visit the clinic at several times in the following days.
- The cycle monitoring tests also help in ascertaining if your eggs are ready for IVF retrieval. If your doctor feels that you are ready for the procedure, your ‘Egg Retrieval’ appointment will be scheduled within 48 hours.
- Please note that for the egg retrieval procedure, your doctor may suggest that you take a day off work and come to the clinic accompanied by someone.
Cycle Monitoring for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), Natural Fertility Therapy, and Donor Insemination (DI)
Cycle monitoring in IUI, DI and Natural Fertility Therapy is to examine the egg formation and recommend the right time for insemination or intercourse.
Cycle monitoring typically occurs between Day 2 of your cycle and ovulation. Each cycle monitoring visit will consist of blood work, ultrasound and a meeting with a doctor or nurse- if needed.
- Tests to Assess Fertility in Women
- Tests to Assess Fertility in Men
- Natural Fertility Therapy
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Cycle Monitoring
- Counseling for Infertility