Embryo Donation or Embryo Adoption
Embryo Donation or Embryo Adoption is the practice of receiving unused embryo(s) from patients who have previously undergone an IVF procedure and have completed their family. These donations are usually anonymous however it is also possible to donate embryos to a known designated recipient.
Who should consider Embryo Donation or Embryo Adoption?
You can consider Embryo Donation or Embryo Adoption if any of the given medical conditions or individual challenges apply to you:
- Women who are suffering from untreatable infertility issues
- Women who are suffering from recurrent pregnancy loss - thought to be related to the embryo
- Heritable genetic disorders affecting one or both partners
- Single men who have decided to have a family and have sought a surrogate to carry the pregnancy
- Same-sex male couples who have decided to have a family and have sought a surrogate to carry the pregnancy
Embryo Donation and Embryo Adoption at CReATe Fertility London
The Embryo Donation program at CReATe is open to any individuals who have been assessed and meet the eligibility requirements to pursue pregnancy by using donated embryos. Speak to your doctor to determine if you are a good candidate for this method of family building.
CReATe Fertility London also works with Beginnings Family Services, Hamilton, to support patients who need a donated embryo for their assisted fertility treatments.
To know more: https://www.beginnings.ca/
How successful is embryo donation at achieving pregnancy?
Success rates with embryo donation depend on the quality of the embryos at the time that they were frozen, the age of the woman who provided the eggs and the number of embryos transferred. Your doctor can share a prognosis with you, based on the medical history of the surrogate/woman who will carry the baby in the womb.
- Tests to Assess Fertility in Women
- Tests to Assess Fertility in Men
- Natural Fertility Therapy
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Cycle Monitoring
- Counseling for Infertility